Academy of Learning College Toronto Information:
Academy of Learning College in Toronto is easily accessible by public transit with 3 convenient locations:
- Etobicoke / Brampton: Albion & Islington
Phone: (416) 746-3333
Campus Address: 1123 Albion Road, Suite 201. Toronto
- North York: Keele & Finch
Phone: (416) 767-7679
Campus Address: 1280 Finch St. West, Suite 112. Toronto
- Toronto Downtown: Pape & Danforth (at Pape Subway)
Phone: (416) 422-5627
Campus Address: 702 Pape Avenue, Toronto
Hours of Operation and Holidays:
Academy of Learning College campuses generally operate year-round, 6 days a week Monday-Saturday, and observe all government statutory holidays. Some campuses arrange closures during Christmas and New Year or during the summer months. Consult your specific college for specific dates and hours.
ACADEMIC POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- Student Attendance – Students are required to adhere to attendance obligations based on their funding sources and academic program. Failure to attend in accordance with contracted hours of instruction per week may result in withdrawal from the program. Attendance records may be subject to scrutiny by sponsoring agencies and are maintained by the College, as required.
- Transfer Credits from Prior Training/Education – Credit for previous education and training may be awarded to students who are able to successfully pass competency exams and demonstrate acceptable levels of proficiency in specific skill areas
- College Transfer Policy – Students must complete their program of study at the College identified on their contract. If a student wishes to transfer to another Academy of Learning College, they must make a written request to their originating College, well in advance. For those on financial assistance, please talk to your financial aid office for more information.
Transfers will only be considered if the student is in good standing, and is at the sole discretion of the College Director of the College location to which the student wants to transfer. Academy of Learning cannot guarantee that a transfer will be made, and all transfers are subject to approval from the student’s funding agency and space availability.
- Passing Marks – Individual exams must be taken for each course before proceeding to the next, and require a minimum percentage pass mark prescribed by the Academy of Learning College. To graduate, students must pass all courses in their program of study with an overall average of 75%.
Students achieving an average of 90% and higher will receive Honours status. These marking schemes and procedures are governed by strict guidelines set by LaunchLife International Inc.
- Satisfactory Progress – All students are issued a program outline that may include target dates for starting and ending each course. These dates must be adhered to as closely as possible in order for students to complete their training program by the prescribed end dates.
Should students fall behind, they are expected to put in extra time to maintain satisfactory progress. Students receiving funding will have no leeway in this regard – if satisfactory progress and course load is not being maintained, it could result in withdrawal.
Courses not completed by the program end date will not qualify for refunds or transfers. In the event that completion by the program end date is not feasible, the end date may be extended but only with the permission of sponsoring agencies and the College Director.
In order to receive a College credential, students must achieve an overall average of 75%. Regular feedback from college staff ensures students can monitor their progress, and if applicable, implement initiatives to ensure academic success.
- Refresher Privileges – Graduates are welcome to return to the College they attended to refresh and review their course material, as long as they have already passed the course and Academy of Learning College still teaches the same version.
Certificates and Diplomas – A Diploma or Certificate is issued to each student who successfully completes a course or program of study, and meets all outstanding financial obligations to the College. Diplomas and Certificates are issued by LaunchLife International Inc.
College Facilitators – Academy of Learning College employs qualified individuals to facilitate the training of students. Facilitators complete training programs in course content provided by that Academy of Learning College and must score over 90% on each exam.
- Fees and Tax Receipts – All fees are payable to Academy of Learning and may be in the form of cheque, Visa, MasterCard, or cash (as accepted by your local college). Total tuition fees are due and payable by the start date, unless specific arrangements have been with the College and recorded on a student’s contract. If the student is being sponsored, the College requires a letter of authorization. Academic credit is not given until all financial obligations have been met.
Tuition fees qualify for Income Tax Credits. In order to claim this tax credit, an official receipt is issued by the College at the appropriate time. Students may also be entitled to an educational status credit based on their College attendance. Students are encouraged to talk to college staff or to their tax consultant if they require any additional information.
- Student Dress Code – Academy of Learning College does not follow a strict dress code, however, attire should be appropriate and modest. Students may be asked to dress as they would for a job interview on specific days during their job search courses. As a courtesy to others who may have extreme allergies, students are asked not to use strongly scented products prior to coming to the college.
- Books and Supplies – Academy of Learning College’s Integrated Learning™ System programs are presented using course workbooks, audio instruction, and original software. Courses are presented as a complete package with all of the necessary materials included, with no additional costs. All materials presented to students are protected by relevant Copyright legislation.
- Student Privacy – The Academy of Learning College will limit the collection, use and disclosure of personal information to the extent required to conduct business and to provide on-going services. This information is confidential and is only issued to a third party with students’ written authorization, where students are funded by a government agency, or otherwise required by law.
- Students with Special Needs – The Academy of Learning College believes that everyone should have the right and opportunity to improve their life through education and employment. Academy of Learning College’s innovative method of individualized instruction, coupled with its flexible scheduling, gives most students with special needs access to the benefits of our unique learning method. Written transcripts of courses may be available when audio material is insufficient for student needs, contact your College for further details.